june 17, 2016
Playful Sidewalks is part of Bring On Play's new Play Everywhere Initiative. BOP is implementing play elements in regions of the city where our youth regularly frequent. This program was designed to increase "playability" and promote walking, to give local artists the chance to display their artistic talents within the community and to add to current beautification efforts within the City of York.
Local high school artists are encouraged to submit a design for implementation. Six designs will be chosen; each artist (6) will be awarded a $50 Visa card. All art supplies will be provided. Volunteers can register to help paint on June 17th by accessing the United Way of York County Day volunteer site
Rules for design submission:
- All local high school student artists are eligible to participate. Students must attend a high school located in York County. Selected murals will be provided supplies and volunteers to help create their mural.
- Designs must be scaled to 112" by 48" dimensions.
- Design colors may include any of the concrete paint options: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, and white.
- Artists must be able to paint their playful sidewalk mural on June 17th, from 9am until 4pm.
- All murals must incorporate an element of play (hopscotch, tic-tac-toe, connect the dots, etc.).
- Artists must submit their full name, high school, address, phone number, email, and title of their mural on a cover sheet that has photos or a color sketch of their mural by Friday, May 27, 2016.
- Artwork must be appropriate for the general public and free of advertising or logos.